Podere San Girolamo can be found in the low countryside of Siena, a few Km away from Valdorcia, hence Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Lago Trasimeno, Cortona, Orvieto. It is also close to Città della Pieve and warm water spas such as (S.Casciano dei Bagni), Bagno Vignoni and Bagni di S.Filippo. 6 Km from the farmhouse is the railway station of Chiusi-Chianciano Terme. You can easily get to the farmhouse also by bus, as a bus stop is at 100 meters from Casale (at Chiusi station you take the bus to Chianciano). Rome and Florence are at an hour and a half by car from the farmhouse. Perugia and Assisi are respectively within 45 minutes and an hour.
GPS Coordinates Long. 11.91276, Lat.42.96902
The airports closest to Cetona are:
- Rome: 1h45
- Florence: 1h35
- Pisa: 2h15
If you have rent a car at your arrival (advisable), follow our directions "by car". If you prefer to travel by train, you can take a bus, a taxi or a train from one of the following airports to get to the closest train station. (6 km Chiusi-Chianciano Terme)
Intercity trains run about every 2 hours to Chiusi - Chianciano Terme station which is the closest station to Cetona. From Chiusi station you can easily take a bus to Sarteano and get down at the 10th stop on request, which is only 50 meters far from the Podere entrance.
- From Florence take A1 highway to Rome for 120 Km (60 minutes).
- Get out at Chiusi-Chianciano Terme towards Chiusi.
- Turn right (SS 146) and follow the directions to Cetona.
- ? After 2 km turn right to Cetona (SP 20). After 5,2 km turn right again to Cetona and take the SS 321 after 1.5 km on your right you can see the yellow sign indicating "San Girolamo"...go on for 50 mt more and you will see the farmhouse entrance. (indicating "Podere San Girolamo") You have arrived!
- From Rome, follow A1 highway towards Florence
- After 140 Km get out at "Chiusi - Chianciano Terme"
- Follow the same directions given for those going south...
Renting a Car
We recommend you to rent a car through your travel agency, since renting a car directly from the airport could be more expensive. If you prefer getting there by train, we can provide you a rent car at Chiusi - Chianciano Terme station.